Friday, July 27, 2012

Hand Stitching and Another Lovely Award

I must be slightly nuts! I decided that I hated the ugly green curtains on a shelf I have at work so I should make new ones. Sounds simple right....well I also decided not to go for hot gluing (which is my tool of choice for fabric) and am hand stitching them... in the middle of the night....
Oh my lordy....and before you ask, well why aren't you using a sewing machine maybe I should give you some background about me and sewing machines. We don't click. I have had three different people attempt to teach me to use one and all I end up doing is wasting fabric and breaking the machine so when I sew, I sew by hand.

Since I think I am nuts for hand hemming curtains in the middle of the night I decided to take a break and give some over due thanks.

Being in the blogging world is definitely rewarding. I received a lovely blog award from two very lovely bloggers: Jackie at Crazy Daze in First Grade and Miss Pasqua at Miss Pasqua's Kinder. Thank you so very much for thinking of me for this award.
Here are the guidelines:
1. Follow the person who gave you the award
2. Link back to the person that gave you the award
3. Pass the award on to 15 people
Here are my awardees:

4. 1...2...3.. Teach With Me
5. The Silver Lining
6. Miss Kindergarten
7. Peace, Love and First Grade
8. Chalk Talk
9. A Cupcake for the Teacher
10. Just Wild About Teaching
11. Life in First Grade
12. Kindergarten is a Hoot
13. Sharing Kindergarten

(I know I am supposed to pick fifteen but once I started writing this blog I got sidetracked for hours reading through all these and other blogs that I found through these. I think I may need a 12 step program after all!!!)

:)  :)















1

5 comments:

  1. I am soooo thankful I can sew!!! Many a time I have been able to whip up a little something for my room. But I feel your pain - would now be a good time to introduce you to one of my best friends "iron-on-hemming-tape???"
    ✿ Judy
    teaching with J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, now where do I find it and do I really need an iron?....Cause I don't even know where mine is. (I do not iron, if I buy something that needs to be ironned it gets dry cleaned!)

      - Vicky

      Delete
  2. Hot glue = amazing tool! I use it for anything! Especially fabric ;)

    Thanks for the shoutout..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the award, Vicky! I appreciate it!! So glad you found my blog! I'm following you now!
    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the award! I'm a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete

- Vicky

http://themadnessthatiskindergarten.blogspot.com