I love books but I have been horrible at organizing them, making finding them in the past three years or so quite difficult. I have tried organizing them by genre (not so great idea for me), by author (did not get through that), and by reading level (never enough of any particular level). My collection is also very eclectic, I have wordless books all the way up to Harry Potter. I have taught K, 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th so I have books for all these grades. I have also been through three schools, so I have lost books, given away books, and some have "walked" away (I have had many sticky handed students).
I have been looking through blogs and reading many people's ways to organize their libraries, as well as speaking to co-workers for their ideas. After thinking it over, I have decided to try it by author for the books I have for one author in particular and then by genre for general books. In order to keep all these books straight, I am also making up a database of my books so that I know what I have and where it is. So I spent two hours going through only 1 of my books bins (ignoring my chapter books that would not be taken out for my kinders) and I realized I have another large bin plus 7 smaller boxes of books!!! This may take me forever! (either that or I will have to start taking them home with me). Sigh... but I am determined.
On a happy note I was given a lovely blogging award!!! My first one!!! It was given to me by Brigid over at Brigid's Daily Lesson Log. Thank you very much! You are lovely to think of me. :) If you have not checked out her blog make sure you do!
Here is the award!!!
Okay and as I understand it I am supposed to give facts about me and nominate other awesome blogs!
Here are my nominated blogs:
Adventures of Ms. Smith
Random Facts: (I don't really know how many to put but I will add in until I am no longer random :)
1. I have not decided if I should get an Master's or not. (I know I should though.)
2. I am an American citizen but I was not born here. I was born in the Dominican Republic and became a citizen of the U.S. when I was 17.
3. I love true crime shows: Deadly Women, Whow the Bleep Did I Marry?, and The Nightmare Next Door to name a few.
4. I am also obsessed with Toddlers in Tiaras! (Yes, I know. The moms and dads are nuts to do that to their babies but it is adorable and super funny).
5. I love Harry Potter still. I re-read the seventh book every couple of months just to remind myself that the series is really over.
6. I did not really like Fifty Shades of Grey, then again I also did not like the Twilight series. (I don't find obsessive love realistic or even attractive, but if you liked it more power to you.)
7. I live in Florida, but I don't really like living here....
8. When I was younger I wanted to be a lawyer and then I went to a magnet school with a legal branch and then decided I would make a much better teacher than a lawyer. (In college, I did take a law class just to see if I could do it during my freshman year. I was good but I was bored.)
9. I have never fallen in love, but I really would like to someday.
10. I love teaching, but because I have been teaching primary for so long I don't know if I want to have kids of my own. (Don't get me wrong, I adore kids (way more than adults) but I don't know how to balance very well and I feel like I would either gip my own kids or my students.)
11. I can do a split. :)
12. I have 1 younger sister who works at a hotel in Times Square who I miss on a daily basis.
13. I have a very tough exterior at times but am way more sensitive to moods and experiences than people think I am.
14. I love the Autumn season and not just because my birthday is in October. I love the leaves changing color and the days getting slightly cooler. (Well not in Florida but in many other places.)
15. I am a Scorpio and I do believe that I fit all the traits both positive and negative of a Scorpio:
Well bye, bye for now. :)