Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Post Lockdown Malaise

So, yesterday we didn't do much because of the the lovely lockdown and I made sure we moved around to get rid of the kids' antsiness, so I was behind and I have come to the conclusion that I will always be behind with this group. Don't get me wrong, I have some great kids. Quite a few of them know how to listen and sit and some have been quick learners and can now do these things, but there are those five kids that there always are in every class that seem to be worth for 2 kids who will forever keep us behind. It doesn't help that there isn't a good system in place for dealing with behavior issues or that parents don't seem to instill any sort of discipline to these children until you have to call them in the middle of the day and tell them that their son spent an hour of the day jumping off the furniture because he did not want to work or acted like a little baby yelling no when given any redirection.

I don't know if any of what was written above made any sort of sense but that was my afternoon today. Each time I stopped to think: Would it have been an easier day if I hadn't had 22 other children in the room? Is it the size of the class that makes it difficult or the child's home training or even worst and last on my list to think of the quality of the teacher that makes for such a situation? I don't think I know the answer to that question and if I ever find it or someone out there knows it please share it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

- Vicky

http://themadnessthatiskindergarten.blogspot.com